Test Automation Engineer
TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER FOR 36-40 HOURS (32 hours is debatable)
As the Tester you will take the lead in defining the test strategy, test plan and test scenarios of the Tacx Apps and its back-end. You have a strong focus on test automation to enable quick and high-quality releases. You will be working closely with the teams of developers, Product Owner and Technology Architect to ensure the delivery of stable, appealing and high performing software for the athletes that use our software.
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS?
You will be defining and executing test cases and transforming manual test cases into automated tests as quickly as possible. You will start professionalizing the testing approach by implementing, coordinating and executing the regression tests for our applications. Furthermore, you will focus on setting up and extending the automated test coverage by collaborating on what the teams are working on.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Improving the overall quality of the apps and backend
• Defining and owning test scenarios and approaches for items in the active sprint
• Defining and owning the overall test strategy for both the Tacx Apps and its backend
• Defining and owning the test approach and plans for the recurring releases of apps and backend
• Setting up test automation and continuously improve test coverage
• Coaching other testers and colleagues on proper testing practices
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a test automation engineer with a passion for cycling and sports. A team player with vision and a drive to excel with a great product. A test engineer who is passionate about increasing the quality and stability of our Apps and backend that will enable our users to push their limits and become better athletes. You are expected to take the lead in structuring out test approach and introducing test automation.
For this, you need to have:
• A minimum of 3-year experience in setting up and improving test automation
• Experience in defining test coordination and approach (automated and manual)
• Good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch;
• Used collaboration tools like JIRA and Confluence extensively
• Experience with CI/CD
• Experience in DevOps teams
• To be T-shaped: willing to pick up tasks to support the team and organization
Next to that, you have worked with:
• Test Frameworks like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, JMeter or alternatives
• Postman or other API client tools
• Load testing and tools like JMeter, on a basic level.
• Multi (mobile) device testing (test clouds)
• Preferably SQL, XML, JSON
• Preferably programming language such as C# .NET and/or Java
WHAT WE OFFER
By joining our team, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the ambitions and success of a globally growing company. You will share your passion and engage in ambitious and challenging work. While using your skills you will have a direct impact on our current focus and future direction.
Of course, we also offer you training opportunities, attention for personal development, a good salary and benefits tailored to your commitment and performance. All present in an inspiring and sporty work environment.
WHO WE ARE
Tacx bv (part of Garmin), currently based in Wassenaar but as of 1 April in Oegstgeest, is a family business in which more than 200 employees work closely together to develop and produce the highest quality cycling trainers together with Garmin. Our products are sold in more than 60 countries and have a long history in the industry. Tacx is characterized as a product-driven company that, through its focus on innovation, is experiencing enormous growth. We are also proud of the fact that both production and all the knowledge is in-house.
Send your application and resume to Jeroen v.d. Bos via email@example.com