Senior .NET Backend Developer 40 hours
As a Senior backend developer you will take the lead in the development of the backend of our apps in all steps of the process. You will be working closely with the Product owner, Technology architect and other teams like marketing and support to implement features and align the way of working.
- Implementing a high quality and scalable solution together with our team of developers, designers and testers.
- Providing technology direction for the implementation of the Tacx back-end features.
- API First design & development.
- Alignment with the Technology architect on strategic and tactical design decisions.
- Guiding the team in improving the way of working, e.g. setting up and maintaining CI/CD.
- Defining and enforcing principles, patterns & practices together with the team.
- Partner with Product team and Business analysts to create new concepts and features.
Education, experience, and skills required
- Minimum of 6 years experience as backend developer.
- Have experience with working in a development lead role.
- Knowledge of .NET framework and C# programming language including web programming frameworks like ASP.NET Core (REST APIs).
- Proven experience with Azure.
- Good understanding of git and CI/CD workflows.
- Unit/integration testing experience.
- Good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch.
- Be able to explain complex technology matters in simple terminology.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn.
- Be able to inspire others with his/her passion and ambition.
Good to know
- Experience breaking up monolithic apps into microservices is a plus.
- Having experience working in an Agile/Scrum way is a plus (or at least a strong willingness to do so).
- SQL, JSON, JWT, OAuth2 knowledge is a plus.
- Data & Analytics is nice to have.
At Tacx, we mainly use the following technologies and frameworks: C#, .NET Core, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Event Grid, API Management and others on the Azure stack. Our CI/CD pipelines are built on Azure DevOps and use Terraform.
Who we are?
Tacx – located in Oegstgeest, The Netherlands – is an innovative company with great passion for sport and technique. We develop high quality products that motivate and inspire athletes to push their limits. Our bike trainers, training apps and accessories for cycling are industry standard and available in shops worldwide. The Tacx software team uses design, technology and data to create great apps for serious cyclists. Based on a shared passion for cycling they realize their ambition to make their users better cyclists and make indoor training more challenging and fun. Since April 2019 we are part of Garmin Ltd located in Olathe in Kansas, United States. Together we are striving to combine Garmin’s expertise in outdoor riding and training to the indoor space to give cyclists an integrated and seamless year-round training experience.
We are looking for an experienced Senior backend developer with a passion for cycling and sports. A team player with vision and a drive to excel with a great product. A developer who is passionate about creating maintainable and highly scalable solutions that will enable our users to push their limits and become better athletes. You are expected to take the lead in improving our cloud-hosted backend and in improving the team.
What do we offer?
By joining our team we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the ambitions and success of a globally growing company. You will share your passion and engage in ambitious and challenging work. While using your skills you will have a direct impact on our current focus and future direction.
Of course we also offer you training opportunities, attention for personal development, a good salary and benefits tailored to your commitment and performance. All present in an inspiring and sporty work environment.
Send your application and resume to Human Resources via [email protected]