Lead responsible for driving activities to assure and improve quality and reliability of Tacx’s products throughout all phases of the product life cycle. A significant part of the work is focused on improving and maintaining production lines and processes to ensure the highest quality standards.
- Designs, develops, implement, improves and maintains quality processes to ensure product quality during every step in the production process.
- Analyze and predict quality trends across functional areas and work with product teams, suppliers and /or manufacturing to develop mitigation plans and implement permanent corrective action (product or process).
- Develop process FMEA, Control Plans, conduct capability assessment, and measurement systems analysis.
- Investigate Warranty returns by leading cross functional teams of Engineering, Materials, Manufacturing, Customer Repair, and Process Engineering staff to identify and implement process and design improvements in order to continuously improve product quality
- Works independently to perform root cause analysis of technical problems; works proactively to conceive, implement, and manage processes and design improvements
- Meet with Project teams and various levels of leadership to establish product quality objectives and determine implementation and verification techniques.
- Manage, facilitate, and document quality meetings
- Act as the single point of contact for product quality Voice of the Customer related communications within the organization
- Know and understand organizational needs and drive quality objectives to completion ensuring organizational needs and objectives are aligned throughout project lifecycles; demonstrate good judgement in setting schedules / risk taking
- Develop and conduct training in Product Quality procedures, processes and metrics for associates as needed
- Exemplifies Tacx’s and Garmin’s Mission Statement and Quality Policy and proactively works to improve Tacx’s and Garmin’s image and culture
- Participate in recruiting activities as assigned
- Perform other job-related duties required to complete the task assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- HBO Degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, or another related discipline AND a minimum of 3 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant project management experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must possess the ability to operate effectively within a team environment and work across functional and organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to implement quality improvement tools in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Must demonstrate highly developed verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with keen attention to detail
- Must demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Must demonstrate the ability to deal with confidential company matters
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Proficient knowledge of ISO9000, ISO9001 and related quality certifications related to development and fabrication of consumer products.
- Demonstrated technical of continuous improvement tools such as DMAIC, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), statistical methods, and designed experiments
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance tools / techniques including Advance Product Quality Planning, SPC and MSA
WHO WE ARE
Tacx B.V. (part of Garmin), currently based in Wassenaar but as of 1 April in Oegstgeest, is a family business in which more than 200 employees work closely together to develop and produce the highest quality cycling trainers together with Garmin. Our products are sold in more than 60 countries and have a long history in the industry. Tacx is characterized as a product-driven company that, through its focus on innovation, is experiencing enormous growth. We are also proud of the fact that both production and all the knowledge is in-house.
Send your application and resume to Simon Tacx via email@example.com.