The website is owned, operated, and maintained by Tacx, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your privacy is critically important to us. We at Tacx have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products and services, or protect our rights.
- We treat your personal information with the highest regard to privacy and security.
What information about me does Tacx collect and how is it used?
Tacx only collects personal information about you if you voluntarily choose to share it with Tacx. Tacx does not share, rent or sell information concerning Tacx’s members or other users of its website to third parties in ways other than disclosed in this privacy statement.
To use the core functionality of the Site, you must first complete the registration form at the Site and agree to our Terms and Conditions. During registration you will be required to provide personal information such as your name and email address. Tacx does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old. If we or a third party service provider requires a birth date to order a specific product or service, you will not be able to enter a birth date that indicates that you are less than 13 years old.
There are several other opportunities on the Site for you to share personal information about yourself with Tacx. This may include information about you such as your equipment and activities, your biking routes, your name, and your zip code and e-mail address. If you choose to share any personal information with Tacx, Tacx may store it and use it for internal research and other Tacx marketing purposes, including e-mailing you with special promotions and other programs of interest. If the information is sent as part of a website evaluation, Tacx may also use the information to contact you about your comments. If you opt-in for the Tacx newsletter during registration, Tacx will use your email address to send you newsletters with updates and news about Tacx. You may remove your name from our email list by updating your profile in the Account section or by emailing email@example.com. Tacx does not share, rent or sell your information to another company in ways other than disclosed in this privacy statement.
- We use Google Analytics to collect information about website usage for statistical analysis: Google Analytics uses a collection of cookies to collect website information and report website usage in a partly anonymous form.
- We use Google Adwords Remarketing for targeted marketing to users that visit our website. Google Remarketing cookies allow Tacx advertising to be served once a user leaves our website and visits any Google Display Network Partner enabled website. When you visit an eligible site, cookies are referenced by that site to display our advertising based upon the history of sites visited by your browser. We also use these cookies to assess the effectiveness of our advertising through this medium.
If you wish to opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics on this website with the effect for the future, please copy and paste the following adress in your browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Like most standard Web site servers the Site uses log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. In addition, Tacx uses Google Analytics as a method of tracking site statistics and user behavior on the Site.
You may decide to send Tacx personally identifying information in an e-mail message which might contain information or inquiries about Tacx’s products or services. Tacx will use this information to identify you as a Tacx member and to respond to the electronic mail. Tacx will only use the information obtained to resolve the issue identified in the e-mail. Tacx never sells e-mail addresses. You may change or request deletion of your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tacx will only share your personal information with third parties if:
- Tacx has your consent;
- Tacx determines that it is required to do so by law; such as in response to a court order or subpoena;
- Tacx finds that you are in breach of its terms and conditions or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- it is necessary in Tacx’s opinion to do so to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Site or Tacx’s network;
- it is necessary in Tacx’s opinion to do so to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tacx or its employees, the users of its website(s), or the public; or
- it is necessary to fulfill your product or service order. Tacx uses a credit card processing company to process your credit card information as required for your order and to ensure that your transaction is secure. This processing company does not retain, share, store or use your personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
- Information about you and your use of the Site may be aggregated with other information collected on the Site or otherwise used in ways that do not personally identify you or constitute personally identifiable information. This type of aggregated or statistical information may be used by us to improve the quality of the Site or for other purposes that we may deem appropriate.
What can I do to help make sure the security works correctly?
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Site. Please note: If you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted. Tacx will not be responsible for any compromise of data that is intercepted due to your use of an unsecured browser.
Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid site identification information for the site you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. Tacx recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the site you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than the normal http://), along with the security symbol of your browser (an open or closed padlock in Netscape or a broken or complete key in Internet Explorer) to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the site to which you are connected. Tacx encourages you to use this to check the validity of any site you connect to using secure communications.
Does Tacx offer opt-out or opt-in services?
Yes. If you choose to stop receiving emails from Tacx, please follow the unsubscribe instructions within each email communication or send an email to email@example.com. Tacx will not provide or share any mailing lists or other information about you to another company or service for promotional purposes. Any service related emails (to confirm a purchase, etc.) generally do not offer an option to unsubscribe as they are necessary to provide the service you requested.
What if information I have previously submitted has changed?
If you need to correct, amend or delete submitted information that is inaccurate please contact Tacx at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tacx will respond to your email request within 7-10 business days. In addition, you may correct, amend or delete submitted information that is inaccurate by visiting “Edit Profile” on the Site.
While Tacx continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Tacx cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Tacx. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Last updated January, 2013.