Medior Java Backend Developer 40 hours
As a Java developer you will participate in the development of our backend APIs to support the Tacx Apps and integration with Garmin Connect. You will be working closely with the Product owner and the other team members to implement features and align the way of working.
- Implement a high quality and scalable solution together with our team of developers, designers and testers
- Adhere to principles, patterns & practices together with the team
- Participate in code reviews
- Pro-actively address any issues or bugs and solve these if prioritized.
- Mentor junior developers and share knowledge that benefit their skill development.
Education, experience, and skills required
- A minimum of 3 year’s experience as a Java Developer.
- Strong knowledge of Java and OOP principles.
- Knowledge of Spring Framework.
- Knowledge of web services (REST).
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with working in Agile teams.
- A continuous focus on improvements.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Ability to explain complex technology matters in simple terminology.
- The ability to inspire others with your passion and ambition.
Plus to have
- Experience with cloud providers (Google Cloud).
- Knowledge of non-relational databases.
- Experience with messaging systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka).
- Elasticsearch knowledge.
- OAuth knowledge.
- Data & Analytics skills.
- Communication skills in Dutch.
- A passion for cycling and sports.
Who we are?
Tacx – located in Oegstgeest, The Netherlands – is an innovative company with great passion for sport and technique. We develop high quality products that motivate and inspire athletes to push their limits. Our bike trainers, training apps and accessories for cycling are industry standard and available in shops worldwide. The Tacx software team uses design, technology and data to create great apps for serious cyclists. Based on a shared passion for cycling they realize their ambition to make their users better cyclists and make indoor training more challenging and fun. Since April 2019 we are part of Garmin Ltd located in Olathe in Kansas, United States. Together we are striving to combine Garmin’s expertise in outdoor riding and training to the indoor space to give cyclists an integrated and seamless year-round training experience.
We are looking for an experienced Java developer who is a team player with the drive and curiosity that will push our solutions forward. A developer who is passionate about creating maintainable solutions that will enable our users to push their limits and become better athletes.
What do we offer?
By joining our team, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the ambitions and success of a globally growing company. You will share your passion and engage in ambitious and challenging work. While using your skills you will have a direct impact on our current focus and future direction.
Of course, we also offer you training opportunities, attention for personal development, a good salary and benefits tailored to your commitment and performance. All present in an inspiring and sporty work environment.
Send your application and resume to Human Resources via [email protected]