Quality Engineer 40 hours
As Quality Engineer at Tacx you are responsible for the quality and reliability of Tacx’s products. Even though you look at optimizations within all phases of the product life cycle, you mainly focus on improving the production lines and processes in order to optimize the quality of our products. In doing so, you work closely together with the production manager and product engineer, and you report to and discuss your improvements directly to the board. Are you detail-focussed and keen on creating products that are available over the entire world? Then this job might be perfect for you!
HOW WILL YOU DO THIS?
As a Quality Engineer you quickly spot the needed improvements of product lines and processes to ensure that they are produced with the highest product quality. You know which improvements are essential and which ones are ‘nice to have’, so you can plan their implementation efficiently. You work closely together with your colleagues and suppliers to realize these improvements.
To do so, you have the following responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, improve and maintain quality processes to ensure the highest product quality within every step in the production process.
- Analyse and predict quality trends across functional areas and work with product teams, suppliers and /or manufacturing to develop mitigation plans and implement permanent corrective action (product or process).
- Develop process FMEA, Control Plans, conduct capability assessment, and measurement systems analysis.
- Investigate Warranty returns and lead the teams of Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer service to identify and implement process and design improvements.
- Work independently to perform root cause analysis of technical problems.
- Meet with Project teams and various levels of leadership to establish product quality objectives and determine implementation and verification techniques.
- Manage, facilitate and document quality meetings.
- Act as the single point of contact for product quality Voice of the Customer related communications within the organization.
- Know and understand organizational needs and drive quality objectives to completion and ensure that organizational needs and objectives are aligned throughout project lifecycles.
- Develop and conduct training in Product Quality procedures, processes and metrics for associates as needed.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a detail-oriented Quality Engineer with expertise in optimizing production lines and processes in order to improve the product quality, and who is used to working in teams.
To do so, you have the following knowledge and experience:
- HBO Degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, or another related discipline and a minimum of 3 year relevant experience. OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient knowledge of ISO9000, ISO9001 and other quality certifications related to development and production of consumer products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement tools such as DMAIC, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), statistical methods, and designed experiments
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance tools / techniques including Advance Product Quality Planning, SPC and MSA
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
And the following characteristics:
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Possess the ability to operate effectively within a team environment and work across functional and organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to implement quality improvement tools in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment.
- Demonstrate highly developed verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in Dutch, English is preferred as well.
- Be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with confidential company matters.
- Demonstrate good judgement in setting schedules / risk taking.
WHO WE ARE
Tacx B.V. (part of Garmin) is currently based in Wassenaar but as of 1 April in Oegstgeest. This family business in which more than 200 employees work closely together to develop and produce the highest quality cycling trainers together with Garmin. Our products are sold in more than 60 countries and have a long history in the industry. Tacx is characterized as a product-driven company that, through its focus on innovation, is experiencing enormous growth. We are also proud of the fact that both production and all the knowledge is in-house.
Send your application and resume to Bianca Tacx via email@example.com.