Human Resources Manager
Manage all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, associate relations, compensation, benefits, training, and legal compliance to build, retain and motivate a highly capable workforce.
- Direct and manage Human Resources functions including oversight for compensation, benefits, compliance, recruitment, training, and associate relations
- Manage compensation and benefit programs and processes to ensure cost effective and competitive rewards.
- Counsel with managers and supervisors on all employee relations matters while maintaining confidentiality, including providing guidance to managers through the disciplinary process
- Provide assistance and guidance to associates on Garmin policies and procedures
- Conduct internal investigations as needed, including maintaining appropriate documentation gathered during investigations
- Responsible for ensuring responses for all unemployment claims and participating in unemployment hearings as needed
- Provide guidance to managers/supervisors on the Performance Evaluation process including reviewing evaluations as needed.
- Work closely with Garmin’s legal department and Garmin’s corporate HR team to ensure that Garmin AT is in compliance with employment law in the administration of company policies and procedures
- Manage associate benefits and ensure associate’s questions are answered promptly and completely
- Schedule, facilitate, and track employee training to build and maintain the desired Garmin culture and leadership style including new employee orientation, performance evaluation training, manager/supervisor training, compliance, and any other training deemed appropriate for Garmin AT associates and managers
- Manage company recruitment including identification and forecasting of staffing needs, workforce planning strategies, internship programs, career/job fairs, campus recruiting events as well as advertising
- Understand business requirements for recruitment needs and manage recruitment efforts including review of resumes and credentials of candidates and assisting with the interview process
- Ensures compliance with company policy regarding response to candidate applications, storage of candidate records/documentation, and completion of appropriate steps/statuses in the Applicant Tracking System
- Create and foster relationships with colleges, professors, career services, faculty and diverse professional organizations to attract, recruit and maintain top candidates
- Work with management team to determine appropriate compensation packages, check references, arrange drug/background screening, and extend offers
- Handle tracking of recruiting related statistics and provide monthly reports to the General Manager and Garmin corporate HR staff
- Develop and conduct presentations for associates, and managers/supervisors on HR related topics
- Responsible for tracking any workplace injuries, administering workers compensation, as well as posting annual OSHA report
- Responsible for assisting with Corporate initiatives as well as communicating to associates on a consistent basis
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with legislation, regulations and the collective labour agreement
- Assist with planning and organizing company events
- Enhance employee engagement, commitment and retention through proactive HR practices and programs and building and maintaining the desired culture and morale.
- Conduct exit interviews and provide notes/feedback to management and Garmin corporate in a timely manner
- Accept and complete projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Communications or another substantially similar field
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years recruitment and interviewing experience
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years handling associate relations, including administering the disciplinary action process, conducting investigations, and providing guidance to managers/supervisors
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience performing an HR Management role
- Proven experience and proficiency with creating and conducting presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint and public speaking
- Excellent relationship skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must demonstrate the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Demonstrates excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
WHO WE ARE
Tacx B.V. (part of Garmin), currently based in Wassenaar but as of 1 April in Oegstgeest, is a family business in which more than 200 employees work closely together to develop and produce the highest quality cycling trainers together with Garmin. Our products are sold in more than 60 countries and have a long history in the industry. Tacx is characterized as a product-driven company that, through its focus on innovation, is experiencing enormous growth. We are also proud of the fact that both production and all the knowledge is in-house.
Send your application and resume to Simon Tacx via email@example.com.