Hardware design engineer
Tacx is looking for a Hardware design engineer. Your job is to design and develop complex electronic circuits, equipment, systems, and products. May serve as a Project Engineer or lead projects or sub projects.
- Design and develop moderately complex analog and RF circuits for products derived primarily from existing products including simulations, schematics, PCB evaluation.
- Proficiently use troubleshooting and general EE tools (e.g. multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, schematic design and PCB layout programs, etc).
- Offer suggestions for process improvement and evaluate new options for similar technology
- Test circuits designed by other engineers and document the test results
- Perform moderately complex schematic design, PCB layout, troubleshooting and debugging, using established design standards and procedures
- Design test boards and circuit modifications to test design improvements
- Find technical root cause and suggest corrective action for given problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Source and analyze appropriate components to meet electrical engineering design needs
- Work with the factory team to understand design impacts on manufacturability
- Collaborate and add value through participation in design reviews, providing comments and suggestions on electrical engineering design aspects
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some electrical design aspects
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
Preferably additional experience or interest for
- Leads a small certification test or works as part of a team to develop and write test plans that will result in test data that will be used to show EMC compliance to respective requirements.
- Develop and write test reports that correctly and completely captures test results and includes information required to ensure the report demonstrates compliance with EMC requirements
Education, experience, and skills required
- Bachelor or HBO degree OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- At least 3+ years of work experience
- Proficient communication skills (verbally and in writing) in Engels AND
- Demonstrated ability with application of design standards and procedures to develop moderately complex analog and RF designs including simulations, schematics, PCB evaluation
- Demonstrated ability with electrical engineering tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of design impacts on manufacturability
- Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Affinity with cycling is a plus
Who we are?
Tacx – located in Oegstgeest, The Netherlands – is an innovative company with great passion for sport and technique. We develop high quality products that motivate and inspire athletes to push their limits. Our bike trainers, training apps and accessories for cycling are industry standard and available in shops worldwide. The Tacx software team uses design, technology and data to create great apps for serious cyclists. Based on a shared passion for cycling they realize their ambition to make their users better cyclists and make indoor training more challenging and fun. Since April 2019 we are part of Garmin Ltd located in Olathe in Kansas, United States. Together we are striving to combine Garmin’s expertise in outdoor riding and training to the indoor space to give cyclists an integrated and seamless year-round training experience.
As a hardware design engineer you will be part of a flexible and growing team of mechanical engineers, hardware engineers, industrial designers, embedded software engineers, software engineers (applications and backend), quality engineers, process engineers and management.
Send your application and resume to Human Resources via [email protected]