Embedded software engineer 40 hours
As an Embedded software engineer, you develop complex software, create and execute designs for small sets of new functionalities. You may also perform as Lead Software Engineer for projects or sub projects.
- Develops moderately complex software in C, C++, C#, assembly language, consistently following Tacx/Garmin’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes
- Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
- Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionalities as part of a software project
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Contributes to technical research on new technologies
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some electrical design aspects
- Works collaboratively and professionally with other Tacx/Garmin associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
Education, experience, and skills required
- Bachelor or HBO degree OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- At least 3+ years of work experience
- Proficient communication skills (verbally and in writing) in English
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description
- Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop moderately complex software in C, C++, C# and assembly language.
- Demonstrates mastery of relevant software engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, debuggers, emulators, simulators and logic analyzers)
- Must demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software requirements
- Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Affinity with cycling is a plus
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
- Participate in product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and system tradeoffs
Who we are?
Tacx – located in Oegstgeest, The Netherlands – is an innovative company with great passion for sport and technique. We develop high quality products that motivate and inspire athletes to push their limits. Our bike trainers, training apps and accessories for cycling are industry standard and available in shops worldwide. The Tacx software team uses design, technology and data to create great apps for serious cyclists. Based on a shared passion for cycling they realize their ambition to make their users better cyclists and make indoor training more challenging and fun. Since April 2019 we are part of Garmin Ltd located in Olathe in Kansas, United States. Together we are striving to combine Garmin’s expertise in outdoor riding and training to the indoor space to give cyclists an integrated and seamless year-round training experience.
As an embedded software engineer you will be part of a flexible and growing team of mechanical engineers, hardware engineers, industrial designers, embedded software engineers, software engineers (applications and backend), quality engineers, process engineers and management.
Send your application and resume to Human Resources via [email protected]